So you didn’t ask, but here it is! Our Ultimate RV Kitchen checklist!
- 4 large unbreakable plates
- 4 medium unbreakable plates
- 4 small unbreakable plates
- Paper plates and napkins
- 2 large glass bowls with lids
- 2 small glass mixing bowls
- 4 unbreakable coffee mugs for guests
- Paper plates and napkins
Extra stuff we didn’t really need but have in the event there is…well, an event. I used a little gift basket I had received, then added a little cardboard divider to protect the glass during transport.
- 10 beautiful old red wine glasses
- Four adorable shot glasses
I bought the clear kitchen sorters for our mugs and things, then lined them with the rubber matting so they didn’t slide around while we travelled.
- 2 REAL mugs for coffee
- 2 travel mugs
- 4 unbreakable wine glasses
- 2 small glass juice glasses (I store them between my plastic ones so they don’t rattle and break during transport).
- 2 large unbreakable glasses
- 2 unbreakable (freezable) beer mugs
The Cutlery Drawer
For the most part, we had a lot of the stuff from camping days gone by. We decided to celebrate the purchase of said trailer with shiny new cutlery! Don’t tell anyone but this drawer might be my fav! 🙂
Drawer 2 – Utensil Drawer
- Spatula (we have three, two metal, one plastic)
- Can opener
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Knives…I have WAY too many….
- Salad tongs
- Kabob sticks
- Wooden spoon
- Really old awesome (extension) marshmallow / hot dog sticks
- Silicone brush for sauces
- Wire whisk
- Bottle opener
Drawer 3 – The “other” drawer
- Wire rack (we use this at Thanksgiving only…so I tucked it at the bottom)
- Tablecloth for the picnic table
- BBQ starters (leftover, we don’t actually need it with our current BBQ)
- A trivet
- Tea towels
- Oven mitts (a thanksgiving necessity when turning the turkey over in the pit)
- Reusable shopping bag
This cupboard is easy. Kettle, Toaster, Coffee & Tea. That’s it!
Our counter, for the most part, looks like this while we’re set up and parked. Coffee is priority one. We’ve had two of the grind and brew Crisinart coffee makers so far and we wore the first one out! We saved the grinder, basket and filter of the first one so that we can prep two pots for the following morning. There is NO grinding of coffee at 5:30 am.
- Coffee pot
- Water jug
Under the sink storage houses:
- Cutting boards x 2
- Griddle for the BBQ
- 2 large unbreakable mixing bowls
- 1 large strainer
- My adorable insulated picnic basket
A plastic storage bin including:
- Box of small ziplocks
- Box of large ziplocks
- Small garbage bags (fits the kitchen and bathroom cans)
- Tin Foil
- Plastic Wrap
- Cleaning wipes
Cooking Storage for:
- Sauce Pan
- Cast Iron frying pan/scrubbie
- Microwavable cooker (with lid)
- Frying pan with glass lid
- Dish soap
- Hand soap
Prior to departure – Don’t forget to load the BBQ!
Happy packing and safe travels!